Cancellations/ refunds, Forfeit Fines & general club membership rules
- Once our leagues begin there will be no refunds given.
- Once you register and pay as a team for one of our sports your spot is held for you and can not be taken by another team. If a team wishes to cancel before the registration deadline we are not always able to issue a refund as we may have turned away another team for the spot in the league which was held for you. Subsequently NRS only runs our leagues with an even number of teams to keep the integrity of the league. Your cancellation may mean another team is also not able to play. We will do our best to find a replacement for your spot but sometimes it is not possible. If we do find a team to take the spot initially reserved for you, a full refund minus a 35% administrative and processing fee based on the full cost of a team registration (not the deposit if a deposit was placed) will be applied.
- If a team cancels after the registration deadline or if the league has filled up/ we closed registration for that league as it was full, no refund will be provided and Niagara Rec Sports will look for another team to take that team’s place.
- If a team does not show up to the first game and fails to contact Niagara Rec Sports, we will look for another team to take that team’s place and the registration fees will be forfeited.
- If a team fails to pay the remaining balance by the due date the team will be removed from the league and fees paid upon registration will be forfeited. The league will attempt to find another team to take it’s place.
- When registering as a team the team captain is responsible for the full payment. The team captain may charge their team members what ever they feel is needed to divide that expense equally among the team members. This is between the team members and the team captain as it has nothing to do with Niagara Rec Sports. No individual refunds will be given to team members that are on a team that has registered as a team by a team captain.
- Individual registration – Once you register as an individual or team and pay for one of our sports your spot is held for you and can not be taken by another player/ team. If a player wishes to cancel before the registration deadline we are not always able to issue a refund as we may have turned away another player for the spot in the league was held for you. Subsequently NRS only runs our leagues with an even number of teams to keep the integrity of the league. Your cancellation may mean another player and/ or team is also not able to play. We will do our best to find a replacement for your spot but sometimes it is not possible. If we do find a player to take the spot initially reserved for you, a full refund minus a 35% administrative and processing fee based on the full cost of a player/ team registration (not the deposit if a deposit was placed) will be applied.
- A player wishing to cancel after the registration deadline and/ or we closed registration for that league as it was full, no refund will be given.
- There can be no sharing or trading of registration spots. No one can take the place of another player on the team at any time. If a new player wants to join the team they must register and pay as a new player.
- Niagara Rec Sports is a private membership club. By registering for any of our leagues/ tournament’s as a team captain, team member or individual registration you are applying to be a part of of our club.
- By applying to our club you agree to review and abide by all rules & regulations, failure to do so can result in club membership being revoked and removal from all leagues.
- Niagara Rec Sports reserves the right to revoke membership for any reason which will result in removal from our leagues.
- If a player or team cancels after the registration deadline or if the league has filled up no refund will be provided.
- No refunds due to defaulted, cancelled or rescheduled games.
- No refunds due to injuries.
- No refunds for a player/ team that for what ever reason is no longer able to play once registration closes for the specific league they are playing in and/ or once the league begins.
- Teams or individuals suspended or ejected from NRS leagues will not receive refunds.
- Individual/ Group Registration: Individual registrants are welcomed and encouraged to register, and all attempts will be made to place you on a team. Usually we are able to place yourself and your group together on a team. It is a great way to meet new people playing a sport you enjoy. A lot of the times the individual teams will stick together and form their own team the following season. There may be instances where we are not able to place you on a team in these situations a full refund will be given.
- As we are an adult sports club it is up to each individual to decide if they are fit enough and want to play each week. We do not force anyone to play. We leave the ultimate decision to play or not up to each individual player. This pertains to but limited to playing injured, weather, and any other factor the individual player believes is a risk.
- NRS leagues – NRS leagues have specific rules for each sport based on male/ female players. Biological sex at birth is used for the male/ female rules.
Niagara Rec Sports reserves the right to remove and or deny anyone entry to/ from our leagues, tournaments & events at any time. This includes communication on or off the field/ court/ diamond to any NRS representative/ referee/ umpire/ coordinator that is deemed by the league to be disrespectful in nature.
Forfeit Fine – Less than 24hrs notice
All teams must give min 24hrs notice if they are not able to field a team or they will be charged a $50.00 late notice forfeit fee.
- The team will not receive any league points in the standings until the $50.00 fee is paid.
- Points not received during this time will not be reinstated.
- No team can play in the playoffs with an outstanding fine.
- If you owe a fine at the time the playoff schedule is being made/ updated your game will not be scheduled.
If a team fails to pay the $50.00 fine within a week the league can look for another team to take their place.
This is to ensure we are able to give opposing teams and referees enough notice that your team will not be able to make it to the game. No one likes going to a game only to find out the other team did not bother to show up.
This normally is not an issue as most teams respect each other enough to give proper notice, this fee is for those that don’t.
We are very lenient with this policy and as long as you have a few people show up and can form a team with other players playing before your game at the diamond, field and/ or court so the opposing team has a game to play your team will not be fined.
At the end of the season any money collected from the forfeit fine will be donated to a local charity such as project share.
- If a team forfeit’s 3 times during the season they risk removal from the league.
- If a team does not pay the fine within a week they risk removal from the league.
- No points will be awarded to to the team in the standings until the fine has been paid. A one week grace period may be implemented for teams to pay the fine.
Player Suspension Fines
If a player is ejected form the game it is a minimum one game suspension (can be more games depending on the offense). There will also be a minimum $20.00 fine that must be paid before the player can return to play in the league. If the player is ejected from, a game again the fine doubles each time an ejection takes place.
Niagara Rec Sports reserves the right to add, alter, remove rules either verbally or on any rules page at any time as we deem fit, any rule changes will be effective immediately. Rules discussed at the team captains meeting are to be considered part of the league rules.
Any player who communicates with opposing teams/ players, NRS staff in a disrespectful manner, with disparaging remarks will be removed from the league and will not be permitted to play any future games or seasons. This included all forms of communication but not limited to in person, email, text, phone.
Filming/ recording, taking pictures of players or games is prohibited unless you have consent of Niagara Rec Sports.
Niagara Rec Sports reserves the right to remove or disallow any player from the league at any time throughout the year. No refunds will be given if/ when players are removed from the league.