Niagara Rec Sports Softball Rules
Please select either Coed or Men’s to get the rules for the appropriate league below.
- We will be using SPO Hot Dot Classic Plus balls (SPO12HDSY) for all of our leagues.
- Each team will be given 2 balls at the start of the season, teams are to supply their own if more balls are needed.
- At the beginning of the game each team will give the umpire 1 ball to use during the game. The umpire will return the ball at the end of the game. The team listed first on the schedule will have to provide a new (or reasonably new) ball. The team listed 2nd on the schedule will provide a used but in good shape ball.
- All bats must be USSSA certified and have the USSSA 1.20 BPF thumbprint on the taper of the bat. If you are buying a new bat make sure it has the USSSA 1.20 BPF thumbprint
- We also allow the older bats with the ASA 2004 stamp.
- Any other bats will not be permitted.